Rocky Mountain Trimix Instruction

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

boulderjohn

Technical Instructor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Anyone who has paid any attention to my posts over recent years knows I try to scare up interest in the more advanced diving in the Santa Rosa area. To be honest, I have been (not so) secretly looking for the rare Rocky Mountain area tech divers certified for trimix so we can do some deeper diving in Rock Lake.

I am now announcing that I have taken matters into my own hands and am now certified to teach trimix. So if you have always wanted to dive to greater depths with a squeaky voice, you now have a new option for gaining that certification. You, too, will get to see what Rock Lake looks like at its greater depths. (Hint: bring a good light.)

Which agency are you teaching with?

When I get enough deco dives in I might take you up on it.

Which agency are you teaching with?

When I get enough deco dives in I might take you up on it.

I am currently teaching tech through both TDI and PADI, but my trimix is with PADI.

John, send me some info on the course. I would be interested but course schedule would play a big part for me.
Oh and congratulations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John, send me some info on the course. I would be interested but course schedule would play a big part for me.
Oh and congratulations.

You can't have more than a couple of students in a trimix class, so scheduling has to be pretty individual. For my instructor certification, I had to assist a trimix class. Everything in that class was individualized. The trimix student lived in central Florida, and I was flying in from Colorado. We did some of it in Key Largo, diving a deep wreck there, and then moved north for the rest of the class. Because both the trimix student and I were cave certified, we were able to do our last 3 dives in the Eagle's Nest cave, with our dives hitting a maximum depth of 270 feet. (It can be very hard to find dive sites with appropriate depths.) In summary, class schedules are things we discuss and work out.

When I get ready hopefully you can continue my TDI progression otherwise we will have to see about a crossover again. Any ideas for tec trips to rock lake I'll need a buddy next year.

Back
Top Bottom