Rocky and the way home

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaYoda

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Yes, the camera is back and I'm lovin' it! Here are a couple pics from the spring dive I did today. The first is a Rock-bass and the second is in a dark cavern looking toward the way home.

rockbass1.jpg

wayhome.jpg

Nice. The second shot reminds me of the cenotes in Mexico. Very cool!

Great shots.

Glad to see you got your camera back in action.

She's Back! And working better than ever.....sure am glad!

Repair was deemed a "re-do" so they did a cleaning of the lens and sensor and some kind of focus adjustment then sent it back to me with no charge. All I'm out is the shipping cost to get it to them. I hardly knew the thing was gone before it came back. I'm dealing with California if I ever need work again.

The Rock Bass came out looking great.

I'm also very impressed with the amount of light output that strobe you have has put out on the second shot. I'm stuck to long, high ISO exposures for my cavern openings.

I'm thinking about dragging the tripod back to Morrison and weighting it back down in the cavern again... worked OK last time.

The cavern shot is a little grainy because I had to lighten up the exposure in RAWShooter and PS7 levels. Still was a lot of light from that inexpensive strobe. Maybe we can get a couple strobes together with your tripod and do some cool panorama work in the cavern. This shot revealed lots of detail that I have never seen with just dive lights down there. Even a grainy panorama could be very interesting. Do you think the remote would work underwater if it was in a watertight bag? If not, the self timer could help. We would probably have to get there way before the rototillers hit the beach :D.

Here's the cavern shot as it came from the camera:

cavorig.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom