Rock Bottom Calculator for Excel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TD -- just for the record, "TSandM" is the name of my wife's and my horse farm and the TSandM website is my creation (as is the name). My wife used the "TSandM" name for her ScubaBoard username.

I'm glad you think she's "a chick" but I just didn't understand where she came into this (now I think I do).

Peter Guy and TSandM are married. Our horse farm was called TSandM associates, and our website was TSandM.com, so I took TSandM as my screen name on the board when I started here.

Peter wrote the cheat sheet, and I had nothing to do with it, except that I was the one who introduced him to the people who think about rock bottom in the first place :)

(See attached). . .

Attachments

• rock_bottom_revA.xls
    31 KB · Views: 162
I'd suggest adding an 'IF (calculated RB)>Tank Working Pressure (from row 18), "N/A" ' statement to the field C19:L38 so it's clear when the planned depth exceeds RB

Also I know it's just an example and can be changed by the user but why not make the default Safety Stop depth 16.5' (5m)

I'd suggest adding an 'IF (calculated RB)>Tank Working Pressure (from row 18), "N/A" ' statement to the field C19:L38 so it's clear when the planned depth exceeds RB

Also I know it's just an example and can be changed by the user but why not make the default Safety Stop depth 16.5' (5m)
Thanks Tortuga68. . .

Here's another Gas Calculator I wrote incorporating Ratio Deco & Minimum Gas Reserve /Rock Bottom as well --enable the macros when prompted & click first on "Clear Sheet" before clicking on "1) Start". . .

Attachments

• GasCalc_Liters.xls
    169 KB · Views: 136
Sorry gang for not replying faster...been busy at work.

Foster, thanks for you suggestion about +1 to the ATM conversion. You are spot on about that.
Tortuga68, I like the idea about the N/A for exceeding depth. I didnt do the SS at 5m because I use imperial gauges. I am in the medical field so for me working in metric is not that hard, I wish we all used that standard. However, my diving is still in imperial. You can feel free to change it to metric if you wish...repost the revision to help everyone out worldwide!

Back
Top Bottom