Rock boot sizing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaSquatch

Contributor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Are rock boots like the DUI ones and their equivalents sized to accommodate the bulk of the the dry suit sock? I have a Scubapro evertec dry suit. I had the integrated boots removed and replaced with socks. ( Hated the boots on the suit ) The socks they put on are 4mil. I have a pair of altima OTB's (essentially chucks) that are size 13 which is my shoe size but I can just barely squeeze them on with the bulk of the dry suit socks. Thus, I've been thinking maybe purpose built rock boots would be better or going up a size or two on the chucks. This however leads me to another issue. With my size 13 wide OTB's I can just barely squeeze into my 2X jet fins. I'm worried if I go to a bigger more comfortable rock boot that I won't be able to get my fins on.

They are sized to accommodate the drysuit sock and undergarment socks. I wear a size 10 regular shoe and size 10 rockboots fit perfectly.

DUI Rockboots are true to size. I'm 11 and wear the 11.

You won't fit 13 rockboots into 2XL jets. You will need the XXL turtles for feet that big.

I have a Hollis rock boots that I use with my Aqualung Fusion dry suit. I typically wear a size 14 shoe and that was the largest size they had. My feet are typically in wool socks, .5 mm neoprene sock, and the dry suit sock. They do fit once I get them in, but a 4 mm neoprene dry suit would not have worked. I have a separate pair of jet fins dedicated for dry diving.

DUI rock boots, I wear a size bigger than my normal shoe size - YMMV of course depending on how much insulation you like under the dry suit socks and how thick the socks are.

I use the RK3 or Jet II in super size and they are a great fit for size 12 DUI (also, I have a pair for sale in the classifieds)

I have size 13 shoes and use size 13 Rock Boots. I use a Mares XR Plana Power in XXL and they fit pretty well.

It sounds like you need slightly bigger rockboots, and that may mean larger fins. My shoe size is 13 or 14 (US), depending on the shoe manufacturer, and when I dive dry with seriously fluffy socks, I wear size 14 rockboots and use F1 fins in the XXL size; they fit nicely.

(I've got a pair of size 14 DUI rockboots for sale in the classifieds section, BTW... *plug plug*)

I gave OTBs for diving wet and dry. My wet ones fit true to size and I upsized by 1.5 for my my thin Fusion Dry-socks and heavy wool socks with probably just enough room to add a 3mm neoprene sock.

Have you tried removing the insole to see if that gives you just enough room in the OTBs?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom