Rock boot question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bkcampbe

Reaction score
I just purchased a OS systems dry suit. It has dry socks incorporated into it. I tried on rockboots and my foot is too wide for them. Do they make Wide sizes? Can I wear another brand of boot, or just am off the shelf regular hiking boot wothout problems. The last suit I bought, I did not buy with the dry boots because of their fit. I just couldnt turn this deal down. It has been a few years since I last tried the boots on, so any info would be great.

bkcampbe:
I just purchased a OS systems dry suit. It has dry socks incorporated into it. I tried on rockboots and my foot is too wide for them. Do they make Wide sizes? Can I wear another brand of boot, or just am off the shelf regular hiking boot wothout problems. The last suit I bought, I did not buy with the dry boots because of their fit. I just couldnt turn this deal down. It has been a few years since I last tried the boots on, so any info would be great.

Whites also makes a "rock" boot. You could try theirs. The easiest thing to do is to wear wetsuit boots over the socks. Hiking boots will probably be a bit of a problem when you try to fit a fin over the tread and swim with them.

Cant you just wear a regular oversized scuba boot. My buddy does this sometimes.

bkcampbe:

Yes, If you have a brand-X drysuit there is no need to also have a brand-X boot excep that the boots come with new suits so there is little incentive to replace them for most people.

I have a related question: "Which is best?" DUI, Bare, White and I'm sure others all make an "over boot". I need to buy something. Yes I know that oversized wetsuit boots and "old-style" canvas tennis shoes (Converse) can be used too. I'm looking for people's opinions about what's best.

Back
Top Bottom