Roatan Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There were not many kids. That is not to say they would not have a good time. There are iguanas and other animal running around. There is also a small petting zoo that I understand is OK. (We do not go in because we were under water too much) The gronds are kept clean and you can rent a jet ski and they have all kinds of water equipment. If they are fairly amture in regards to the diving, I beleive they would love the resort. There is a ping pong and pool table on the porch. There were a few high school kids that seemed to be having a good time. If they want big stuff, then Roatan may not be the place. We did the shark dive and your kids will love this dive if you do it. I also knew a few people who did the canopy tour and I am sure your kids will love that. If you go to West end I would not plan to stay long. A little shopping and some tiki type bars are all they have pretty much. Your kids will get bored there I believe. The dms and captains will be very helpful to your kids and I believe they will see a great many things they did not see in Coz. I hope this helps and I will be glad to answer anything else.

Lauried:
We are thinking of going to Fantasy Island, next June. Our kids (age 14), just got certified. We just got back from Cozumel, and they are sooo hooked on diving now! Were there any other kids at the resort? do you think they will bored? they really love Cozumel and there are always lots of kids (at the all inclusives).

How old are the kids . If You don't want to get board with diveing , night life or day .
Dive north west end of the island . Their are more dive sites ,closer dive sites calmer seas and I think better. I think that end of the island has plenty to do to keep most kids busy. good luck
Capt Ed

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom