Roatan Photos, Part 4 (Meet the Pedersons and some Flamingos)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AUTiger

Contributor
Reaction score
Here are some more photos from my trip to Roatan. In front of the CoCoView Resort is a sunken freighter called the Prince Albert. One of my favorite parts of the ship to check each day was a little family of critters that I called the Pedersons. The family consists of a Corkscrew Anemone, four Pederson Cleaner Shrimp, a Yellowline Arrow Crab, and the occassional visitor. It was amazing that for several days in a row, I could always find everbody in the exact same spot.

The Pedersons. In this photo, they have an unidentified visitor. He is some kind of shrimp with long white and red banded antennae. You can see the antennae poking out of the anemone to the right of the crab.

ThePedersonNeighborhood.jpg

Mrs. Pederson was with child, as was one of the smaller shrimp. You can see the eggs in her transparent abdomen.

PedersonCleanerShrimppregnant.jpg

Archie the Arrow Crab.

YellowlineArrowClab.jpg

Also in the same spot each day was a flamingo's tongue. It gave me a good opportunity to work on my macro skills.

FlamingoTongue.jpg

There were also two of them at the same spot on Newman's Wall for several days.

TwoFlamingoTongues.jpg

As always, thanks for looking.

David

Gear:

Camera: Olympus C-5060WZ
Macro Lense: Inon UCL-165
Housing: Ikelite
Strobe: Ikelite DS-125 with TTL

Outstanding photos! Besides the subjects themselves, you have excellent composition. Very nice job!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom