Roatan Photos, Part 1 (Seahorses)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AUTiger

Contributor
Reaction score
My dive club (Temecula Valley Dive Club) just got back from our anual summer trip, this time to the CoCoView Resort in Roatan. I've processed a few of the photos and would like to share with you all. I love seeing your photos each day.

Seahorses are one of the most searched for creatures at Roatan. Here are a few:

This one was quite a challenge, with his dark face and his stripes blending into the coral. It didn't help that he was facing the wrong way and wouldn't turn my way, no matter how many carrots and sugar cubes I held out. Maybe he was the wrong type of 'horse.

BlackandWhiteSeahorse.jpg

This one was such a beautiful red, but you wouldn't know without a strobe or flashlight. The camera focus point must have been exactly on his eye in the close-up.

RedSeahorse.jpg

RedSeahorse2.jpg

I think that yellow and white is my favorite color. They just "pop" against the background.

YellowandWhiteSeahorse.jpg

At CoCoView, you do a morning and afternoon boat dive, each followed by a drop-off dive on the wall in front of the resort. There's always something new to see. This seahorse was on the Prince Albert (sunken 140 ft freighter) in the "front yard". It was still a challenge to find him each day. Its amazing how well a bright yellow creature can hide on a dark colored ship. He looks a bit fuzzy and is covered with plant material, just like the Albert.

YellowSeahorse.jpg

While not a seahorse, this shortfine pipefish is a close enough cousin to get included on this page.

ShortfinPipefish-1.jpg

Thanks for looking and keep a watch for more.

David

Gear:

Camera: Olympus C-5060WZ
Macro Lense: Inon UCL-165
Housing: Ikelite
Strobe: Ikelite DS-125 with TTL

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom