Roatan Immigration forms

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tridacna

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Anyone know whether it's really worth it to complete the ONLINE Honduras immigration form for Roatan?

I did it a few years ago and it made little to no difference on arrival. It was the usual chaos when lining up.

Last edited:
We did 3 years ago and went through the short line. So we did the rest of our waiting in the less crowded area drinking decent coffee. I later read somewhere here they stopped doing these forms since... but I wonder if Roatan got the memo.

We were just there this summer, we filled out the forms and went through the immigration line pretty quickly. Seems like the form is required. Of course, I didn't try it without it.

We were just there this summer, we filled out the forms and went through the immigration line pretty quickly. Seems like the form is required. Of course, I didn't try it without it.

Craig - you mean the online form. Correct?

I remember completing it online and printing it feeling so special - but when we arrived they just herded us into the usual lines with no benefit to anyone who had prefilled online.

Craig - you mean the online form. Correct?

I remember completing it online and printing it feeling so special - but when we arrived they just herded us into the usual lines with no benefit to anyone who had prefilled online.
No, knew nothing about an online form, filled out a form on the plane and turned it in at immigration. Sorry if I mislead you

When I went, a few years ago, I filled out and printed the online form. When I landed there were 4 planes unloading at the same time. The regular line was unbelievably long. I went directly to the line for citizens and got through quickly (relatively speaking). My understanding is that they discontinued the online form because too many whiners, that didn't know about it, complained. Soooo ...

I have to say, Roatan is the armpit of airports (and I am being extremely kind here). I got through the line going in in less time than those without the form done online, but the exit passthrough took about 3 hours - standing in the hot, humid, buggy building. When I finally got to the "waiting" area there was no place to sit but on the floor - every one of the small number of seats was taken a long time before I got there. And I had to pass through security again right when leaving the "waiting" area for the plane. Apparently the "waitng" area isn't secure.

Last edited:
I went in April. I did the online thing but forgot to print it off and bring it with me so I filled out the immigration form on the plane. The immigration officer commented that I had filled out the form online. I told him I had forgotten to bring it, it was no big deal but it seems like it does something.

On departure right when my ride to the airport arrived I received a text that my flight was delayed by two hours. I asked the driver to come back later. When I got to the airport I was the only one in the line at the AA counter, I thought I had missed the flight. Everyone else it seems had been at the airport 2 hours prior to me.

When I went, a few years ago, I filled out and printed the online form. When I landed there were 4 planes unloading at the same time. The regular line was unbelievably long. I went directly to the line for citizens and got through quickly (relatively speaking). My understanding is that they discontinued the online form because too many whiners, that didn't know about it, complained. Soooo ...

I have to say, Roatan is the armpit of airports (and I am being extremely kind here). I got through the line going in in less time than those without the form done online, but the exit passthrough took about 3 hours - standing in the hot, humid, buggy building. When I finally got to the "waiting" area there was no place to sit but on the floor - every one of the small number of seats was taken a long time before I got there. And I had to pass through security again right when leaving the "waiting" area for the plane. Apparently the "waitng" area isn't secure.[/QUOTE[]

I think that we discussed this previously in 2016. I was the OP.

Could The World's Worst Airport Be In Roatan?

If the system actually does something, then the clerk doesn't need to type stuff in, she only needs to check what's already there. It'll save you only a minute or two, but the more people do it, the faster it goes for everyone.

I did the paperwork online and had the form with me when I landed June past. Into the short line and through with the help of a smile; the attendant hesistated at first. I would say that it's worth a try.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom