Roatan, Hotel Guanaja

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BARdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
A group of us are looking at heading down to Roatan in June. We been there before using Anthony's Key as our base. This time looking at trying Hotel Guanaja, I haven't been able to find a whole lot of info from divers. We will be there to dive a lot, as we always do. Any recommendations or insights would be great.

A group of us are looking at heading down to Roatan in June. We been there before using Anthony's Key as our base. This time looking at trying Hotel Guanaja, I haven't been able to find a whole lot of info from divers. We will be there to dive a lot, as we always do. Any recommendations or insights would be great.
If you want to dive a lot, I would consider Coco View Resort. About as close to a land based liveaboard as you can get if the goal is lots of diving.
Roatan Trip Report: CoCo View, July 2018

A group of us are looking at heading down to Roatan
Isn't Hotel Guanaja on Guanaja? (different island)

If you are planning to go to Guanaja I believe most access is from the mainland - not thru Roatan. One of the other properties picks up in La Ceiba by noat or there may be puddle jumper service from San Pedro Sula.

I've personally never heard of anyone going to Guanaja thru Roatan first. I suppose it's possible but IIRC flights to SAP are a lot cheaper.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom