Roatan - April 2003

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Beast and I have a some spots left on our annual Anniversary trip to CoCo View Resort in Roatan, Honduras. We started going here a few years ago and enjoyed it so much we do it every year, this will be our 5th. As friends started asking to go along, it has evolved into a group trip every year. This year there will be 24 of us, all good friends. That's the best part about these trips.

I have one double room and a spot for a female roommate. Details below...

Date: April 12-19, 2003
Place: CoCo View Resort
Cost: $3052.00 per couple, $1526 for the roommate spot
Includes non-stop, round trip airfare from Houston, all meals, unlimited diving. The only costs you'll have after you arrive is $25 per person departure fee at the airport and any tabs you run at the resort, ie. bar, dive shop, gift shop, etc.

If you're looking for a dive dedicated vacation, this is the place. Diving is available 24 hours a day...literally. Want to dive at 2am? Fine...just grab a tank and your buddy and shore dive just steps from your cabana. You will have two 2-tank boat dives daily to some of the best reefs I've seen. Like walls? There are two vertical walls right in front of the resort. And a shipwreck, the Prince Albert, right in the front yard. There is also a Nitrox package for unlimited Nitrox for the week for $100. When you are doing 20-30 dives, that's a bargain.

There are daily activities planned if you're interested and for the non-divers. But you won't find a big night life at CCV. To be honest, we are usually in bed pretty early in order to get up for those shore dives at dawn!

I can talk for days about CCV so I won't bore you. If you're interested in joining us, or have any questions, just ask.

Interesting to read of your dawn dives. Some of my most memorable dives have been pre-dawn dives at Coco View. We would begin the dive as a more-or-less night dive, and head over the wall areas past the channel (i.e., west of CCV). As the sun began to rise and lighten things up, the various critters were still acting lethargic like it was night time And the more nocturnal critters could easily be seen in plain (almost) daylight, just hanging around, instead of hidden into nooks and crannies. Just an incredible sight.

I've told many folks about the dive, but even the most hard core CCV fanatics have passed on it. Dee - I am pleased to read that you have also found this fantastic dive!

Well, next April, those of us stuck up north awaiting the winter thaw will eagerly await a trip report from you!

We do a dawn shore dive several times during the week. I try to time it so we're at our turning point just after the sun comes up. The last of the night creatures are headed home so it's a good way to find out where the octopus lives! And the day creatures are getting their eyes open and wishing for a cup of coffee.

There's nothing like hitting the water within minutes of waking up yourself and coming full awake with the ocean in habitants. Sure sets the mood for the day, too!

Glad to find someone who loves CCV and area as much as I do and understands! :wink: Those who miss this trip don't have a clue what they're missing!

Wish we could go with you guys on this one Dee! Unfortunately, Scott cannot get that week off work. Good news is that we will be there the week of Jan 11, 03 - can't wait!!

Back
Top Bottom