Roach Reef Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Seamonster,

Been there couple of time ... nice place to dive.

Can be very hot & humid in the afternoon.

Is actually a man made resort built on top of a dead reef.

The food is GREAT!!!!!!!!!

Get in touch with me if you want to know more.

Only lack of turtle ... other then that is a close as sipadan & when comes to ghoby.... is the best place.... loads of micro to shoot.

Anyway let me know.

Hi Snafu,
Thanks for the reply.What kind of diving is there?Are there walls like Sipadan?What kind of marine life can we expect to see there?Is there a house reef at the resort?How large are the wrecks there?

At RRR you can do beach dive & boat diving.

There is no wall diving there but plenty of hard coral... cabbage coral garen...etc.

You will see all the marine life that you can find at Sipadan, but not the selection of Gobby's..... RRR is very famous for it.

More macro then Sipadan.

I like the Garden eel too .....

Lobster, sharks, baracudda, jack, snapper ...etc. All big size in schools.

As for wrecks .... they do have 1 wreck there.

I like the idea of them putting old buses skeleton in the ocean, by now the marine life there would be very RICH!!!!!!!!!!

All dive site are around RRR .... if you like to go Sipadan, let them know in advance & they can make the arrangement for you.

Only takes 45-60min from RRR to Sipadan ............. can see whale & dolphin on the way there, I did.

Ta for now.

Back
Top Bottom