RIX SA6 Compressor with motor controller and filter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jtsmith

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I have a RIX SA6 6CFM compressor. This was a military unit that was connected to a Gas motor. I had removed the gas one and put a 5hp electric on there. I used it several years pumping regular air when I lived in Florida. I moved, had kids, and I have not run the unit since 2004. I am about to start diving again and when I fired it up it ran few minutes building up pressure then the motor started shooting fire out of the back and it's dead. I don't dive enough anymore to deal with fixing it. It comes with a Siemens motor start/stop controller several hoses, filler whips, tons of other connections, limiters, etc. I also have a Nitrox Premixer that was never put into use. I am including a filter from one of the military oxygen carts (Aero Dri).

The compressor was pumping air...but I can't guarantee all the valves and reliefs are functioning perfect since it didn't reach pressure. Also, the fan is missing some blades and needs a replacement. I placed a Lasko high velocity fan in front of it for years of use with no problems.

I am located in Pascagoula and I need to get $1,000 out of it or I'll just keep it and get it working again.

Thanks,
JT

20140316_170454[1].jpg20140316_170504[1].jpg20140316_170642[1].jpg20140316_170707[1].jpg

Attachments

• 20140505_144707[1].jpg
    20140505_144707[1].jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 341
Not sure why it is showing that pull starter picture? Not part of the compressor unless you want to be there a while :)

Can you determine the shipping cost to zip code 02910. I have a RIX now and they are great. I actually bought mine from a professor in Ms. He used a freight company to ship it. It was some time ago before gas prices and surge charges were added to deliveries.

Thanks,

Andy

At the moment I am going to try and sell it locally to avoid the hassle. If you you can make it easy for me....I am located in 39567. If you want to contact a freight company that will pickup un-palleted items or I can even drop this off at a UPS store and charge to your account (it's under 130 pounds) and let them package it all...I may consider it.

If it doesn't sell in a few weeks then I may revisit this.

Okay. Took the toasted motor off and your looking at 20x20x38 for dimensions and 105 pounds. This is not including a box or boards. That also does not include the motor controller (probably 15 pounds), the filter (30lbs at least), and the hoses, manifolds, and probably 20 pounds of misc fittings. I could wrap the control box and hose in the empty motor spot. I'd highly recommend shipping the filter separately.

This is still up for sale and I have the time to package it now. I'll ship the entire lot for $1250 total to anywhere in the cont US via UPS. I'd prefer check but I will accept paypal if you pick up the fee. Here are some pics of the extra items included. List: partial pressure blending whip, never used premixer for nitrox, solenoid controlled valve (was going to use for auto dumps), pressure switch (to cut off compressor), bucket of misc adapters, pieces, Tees, etc. Several unused tank valves, one way filler valves, ceramic limiter valves, new in the box valves, etc. I am also including a kit-made Nitrox gauge (not pictured). Surely it will need a new O2 sensor...but I am including the old one anyway. I used the high priced potentiometer on this kit so it's easy to adjust, plugs into a low pressure port for checking.

IMG_1300.jpgIMG_1299.jpgIMG_1298.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom