Rix SA-6 service manual

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi T bone, I've enjoyed reading your posts about this compressor. Rix did get back to me very quickly and sent me a service manual. I now have another question, are you guys buying the TFE lubricant (45-110) from rix or have you all sourced an adequate substitute?

That sounds pretty darn close as that is how Rix describes the lubricant. A high temperature TFE resin or polyurea grease...

You can add my 1% and make it 100%
Besides the staff at Petron are really nice folk always happy to help.

The original Rix grease was indeed a TFE but was discontinued some years ago
Known as the white grease. Rix then changed to a lithium soap (the red grease)
But over here we never used the lithium in Europe and changed from white TFE to a blue Polyurea grease (the blue grease) Rix followed with the same shortly after.

Two main reasons really, one was we had a contracts to supply a modified SA for the sidewinder missile used by the RAF using a JouleThomson minicooler to make liquid air from a heavily modified SA-6 . The tribology study showed polyurea to be more suitable than TFE.

On a separate track nitrox was becomming popular 1990's and there was some confusion that white TFE grease was thought by some to be also oxygen compatibe, which it is most definatly is not.

Although many other lubricant companies can supply Polyurea lubricants I like the Petron folk
They make two varients the one you describe is my prefered option. Iain

I am also looking for that manual. Could someone email it to me.
Thanks
Dan

Back
Top Bottom