Riviera Maya vs. Cancun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FM1520

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hi,
What is the difference between Riviera Maya and Cancun as far as diving goes? Looking to go to Cancun but some of the places say Riviera Maya. Thanks!

Thanks. That's a good web-site but it doesn't address diving. I was looking for diving recommendations.

The Riviera Maya is better for diving. Any where from Playa Del Carmen and to the south. Most of the cenotes are located south of Playa, the ocean diving is better out of Puerto Adventuras and Akumal. You can catch a ferry over to Cozumel from Playa.

The Riviera Maya is better for diving. Any where from Playa Del Carmen and to the south. Most of the cenotes are located south of Playa, the ocean diving is better out of Puerto Adventuras and Akumal. You can catch a ferry over to Cozumel from Playa.

If no one else was going to respond, that is exactly what I was going to post.

I've never dived in Cancun, but did once in PDC. Wasn't really impressed with how you had to wade through the surf to the boat.

We've been diving out of PA for about a dozen years. The reel there is very healthy, and you board the boat in a marina.

Usually we'll do two days in the ocean and one day in the cenotes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom