Risks for buying Teric on ebay (new)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nquinn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Debating picking up a Shearwater Teric on ebay.

Used ones have gone for $820, but I also see some new ones that I might be able to negotiate down $100-$150.

Paypal would cover me in the event that the device fails on arrival, but I'm more concerned about what Shearwater's stance is for long term warranty.

I bought a new Perdix AI on Ebay from Canada and I live in the USA and Shearwater has supported it. I believe Shearwater supports the device no matter where it came from or if it is new or used or whatever. Their recent sale may have changed that. Might be best to call or email them and ask.

shearwater has great support, the 2 year warranty transfers and even after it expires, repair costs with divetronix are very reasonable. for small repairs, they have also been known to do them gratis even when not required to.

shearwater has great support, the 2 year warranty transfers and even after it expires, repair costs with divetronix are very reasonable. for small repairs, they have also been known to do them gratis even when not required to.

Would I ever run into issues with 'gray market' products? I feel like I've seen issues with other manufacturers where items purchased that originated outside the usa or not from official retailers received no/lesser warranty treatment.

Maybe not a thing with shearwater?

I bought a new Perdix AI on Ebay from Canada and I live in the USA and Shearwater has supported it. I believe Shearwater supports the device no matter where it came from or if it is new or used or whatever. Their recent sale may have changed that. Might be best to call or email them and ask.

What was their 'recent sale'? Did I miss something good? Ugh

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom