Ripped Off My Stingray City Video As Fake Steve Irwin Stingray Attack Footage!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cleung

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So this person posted a video on YouTube 11 years ago depicting the 'official' footage of the stingray attack that led to Steve Irwin's death. This is a FAKE video since the footage is actually ME from my Cayman Islands Stingray City dive which I posted on YouTube 13 years ago! If you play both videos back to back, you will see that he ripped off my video without my permission and used it to gain from Steve Irwin's death as he has over 23 M views of this false video. I have attached links below to both videos for everyone to verify and have started YouTube copyright legal proceedings.

I'm sure that many divers here were huge fans of Steve Irwin as I was. To gain from his death like this is totally unacceptable.

Yes and this has been up for 11 years as I had not even thought of anyone ripping any of my videos off like this. I think I just caught this fake video totally by accident just several weeks ago when I was doing YouTube searches for videos featuring Steve Irwin's kids since I do like how they are continuing with his legacy and this fake one just popped up among the listings.

But if you have the radio playing in the background as you film something and post it, YouTube will pull your video due to copyright infringement.

Have you brought this up with YouTube?

So this person posted a video on YouTube 11 years ago depicting the 'official' footage of the stingray attack that led to Steve Irwin's death. This is a FAKE video since the footage is actually ME from my Cayman Islands Stingray City dive which I posted on YouTube 13 years ago! If you play both videos back to back, you will see that he ripped off my video without my permission and used it to gain from Steve Irwin's death as he has over 23 M views of this false video. I have attached links below to both videos for everyone to verify and have started YouTube copyright legal proceedings.

https://youtu.be/vnSegu4A5Uc

https://youtu.be/mzapZsmEGys

I'm sure that many divers here were huge fans of Steve Irwin as I was. To gain from his death like this is totally unacceptable.
Submit a copyright takedown notice - YouTube Help

the you tube:
The fastest and simplest way to submit a copyright takedown notice is through our webform. We recommend using a computer for the easiest method.

The name you enter as copyright owner will be published on YouTube in place of the turned off content. If you can give us a valid legal alternative, such as a company name or the name of an authorized representative, we'll review and apply it if appropriate. The name will become part of the public record of your request, along with your description of the work(s) allegedly infringed. All other information, including your full legal name and email, are part of the full takedown notice, which may be given to the uploader.

If he's making money from this, can you file a lawsuit for lost revenue?
+1. If he monetized this I'd hammer him.

But if you have the radio playing in the background as you film something and post it, YouTube will pull your video due to copyright infringement.

Have you brought this up with YouTube?

I started the online process YouTube has for copyright infringements. It should be pretty cut and dry since my video was posted two years earlier than his and I stated exactly where in our respective videos the same footage is

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom