Rip Curl Wetsuits.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Josh here. ><. Sorry for spamming the forums. lol.

Im new to SB this is my fourth post but also my fourth thread.

This ones gona be short. :)

In about 5 weeks ill be going for my "PADI Open Water Diver" and am currently going through the process of finding a good place to learn and getting some personal equipment together.

I have the opportunity of getting a new Rip Curl wetsuit discounted (but perfectly fine) as i have a "Contact" and am wondering if this would be acceptable for diving in?

Im not 100% sure what it would be or anything like that all i know is that it would be rip curl and i could go and pick, but i know nothing about wetsuits! ><.

The reason i ask is because recently i have spoken to a man that used to dive who said he once saw someone diving in a rip curl wetsuit who promptly got out of the water due to it not being warm enough (he said the blokes face turned blue)

Im in QLD (Brisbane) so i cant imagine the water being even close to that cold but as its an investment for the future aswell id hope it would be sufficient to take travelling and not have to worry about freezing my bal.. i mean "not being warm enough"

Thanks for reading!

Aussie!

I use a rip curl f-bomb 3/2 fullsuit. It has kept me warm enough surfing in 56 degree water, but I have gotten a chill diving in 72 degree water on a cool day (2-tank boat dive ~60')

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom