riffe spearguns

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pluto

Registered
Reaction score
I have a biller 42 but want a bigger gun. I am thinking about getting a riffe #2 standard or comp 2XS. Anybody use one of these and if so could you tell me how you like them compared to what else you have had? Are they worth the extra money? Will they last? Thanks in advance.

First off, I don't hunt with a Riffe. This is mostly due to the large collection of spearguns I already own, and the quality of the brace of custom guns I prefer to use rivals the Riffe closely enough I can't justify the $s to replace them with a brace of Riffes. I do however use Riffe rubber when making bands for my guns. I have dive buddies that use them, and my next guns will either be complete home made custom guns or Riffes.

The Riffe is more accurate, with less acousic signature, than effectively all other common "rack" guns. It does take some adjustment to your point of aim if you are used to a Biller or JBL, and a slightly modified cocking movement when loading the bands.

Within those parameters it is an extremely durable and repeatable gun. I have never even heard of one's trigger failing, and hittng a particular scale on a fish is no problem out to about 2 shaft lengths. If you have a choice (and the $s) get a midhandle design right off the bat. It'll save you the $s it takes to replace it with a midhandle later. A midhandle or "bullpup" gun handles like a "standard" rear grip gun 2 sizes smaller for a faster and more accuare shot, with the penetration and range enhancements of a larger gun. The Ultimate had a slightly better trigger, but is no longer available.

FT

fredT you sound pretty knowledgable. Do you have an opinion on the metal mid-handle? I would like to save some money if possible. thanks

Pluto,

I own a Riffe Metal Tech 4 and a C3. I love them both. They're good investments that will last for many years. If you get a mid handle Metal Tech 4 you won't be sorry. The longer the gun the better as far as accuracy and distance goes.

:arrow:

sevenx

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom