Rick and Bubba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

easyrider003

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I wasn't really sure where to post this. It isn't scuba related but though I would share it with you for those of you who do not know about it. From what I hear, I don't have all the facts, Saturday January 19th,2008 Rick's son Bronner Burgess was found in the family swimming pool. he was transported to the ER and the Doctor, and Nurses were unable to revive him. Bronner would have been 3 y/o in May. Rick is a co host on the radio show "Rick and Bubba". I listen to these guys every morning. They are really a blessing to listen too. Now I do not know Rick and his family personally but I just felt the need to post this and ask for everyone to pray for the Burgess family during this difficult time. It is such a terrible tragedy to lose a family member, even worse when its your own child.

A little side note:
Working for the Fire Department, NOT SAYING THAT WE DO NOT CARE OR ARE HARD HEARTED OR WHATEVER, but we respond to people who have passed on too be in a better place, with our Lord Jesus Christ. Even though we don't really think about it or let it bother us, even though it really does but you just have to sorta move on to the next call, we don't really think that that is somebodies loved one and that there will be a family grieving. I always try my best to pray for that family at night when I lay down. My grandmother passed away two years ago and after responding to people who have passed away it was just this weird feeling that I can't explain, that I was on the opposite side of the situation than I am used too. With that being said, I hope we all remember that we are never guarrented tomorrow or our next breathe for that fact. And while we are out there SCUBA diving we should really just appreciate everything that the lord has given us and never take anything for granted. If not for him then we would not be able to enjoy this great sport that we all have come to love and enjoy.It also gives me an opportunity to reflect on all the great things that he has done for me without having anyone to distract me.I am not here to preach to anyone but that is just what is on my mind. One reason I got into SCUBA diving was because the good Lord has given me great health and I wanted to be able to take advantage of that and see all the wonderful things that are underneath the water that a lot of people are not able to see and experience. Anyways I hate to ramble on, and like I said I am not here to preach or anything, just something that is on my mind and again ask that you pray for the burgess family

If you listen to Rick and Bubba you know them personally. God what a tragedy!!

Travel well Bronner!

I was moved to read the passing of Baby Bronner. I'm not familiar with the show referred to in the post, none-the-less the family of the young boy needs our prayers while they deal with their loss.

easyrider...what a wonder way of expressing your feelings. And I agree, I often loose sight of the fact that each time I descend and ascend I'm forgetting the wonder of life and how much I take for granted.

God Bless...

Greg

My heartfelt condolences go out to the Burgess family, I will keep them in my prayers.

easyrider's side note says it well - enjoy everything God gives you each and every day and don't take anything for granted. As he points out, the solitude of Subca is part of its beauty - it really does let you reflect on things without the normal day to day distractions of this world.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom