Richmond Inner Harbor - San Francisco Bay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmmmm..... I wonder how diveable this site is.
It would be nie to have somewhere relatively local to splash around.

I also wonder how much attention you would attract - the dive site is right next to Richmond Reserve Shipyard.

All matter of hell was raised early last year when two divers were spotted near Pier 39 in San Francisco - someone reported them to police, and it was treated as a major terrorist threat. Probably just two guys looking for wallets or a play with the sealions.

I saw the full article in the published magazine, but didn't want to hand over $5 for it - but it mentions some of the photos were taken in Sausalito as well.

Thanks for the post Scubaroo! Interesting -A fishing buddy often launches his boat at the "Inner Harbor" and Ive never seen vis like that before-EVER!1-2 ft max is the norm. It would be nice but I just dont see it (no pun intended) all the pollution in the bay scares me-Id be afraid my gear would dissolve,although they seem to be trying to clean it up some-to many refineries and industry-just around the corner from there is a beach near Pt Molate-littered with at least a thousand discarded car betteries-NASTY! I wont even eat fish caught in the bay-Its a shame,but Ill stick to the ocean.
Any of you local No cal guys done any dives in Tahoe? Just curious-the vis must be awesome but probably not a whole lot to see?

Drewpy once bubbled...

Any of you local No cal guys done any dives in Tahoe? Just curious-the vis must be awesome but probably not a whole lot to see?

I spent all last summer diving Tahoe, the vis is about 60-80 feet. Lots of rocks and crawdads to look at. I saw 3 fish there all summer long.

Drewpy once bubbled...
Thanks for the post Scubaroo! Interesting -A fishing buddy often launches his boat at the "Inner Harbor" and Ive never seen vis like that before-EVER!1-2 ft max is the norm. It would be nice but I just dont see it (no pun intended) all the pollution in the bay scares me-Id be afraid my gear would dissolve,although they seem to be trying to clean it up some-to many refineries and industry-just around the corner from there is a beach near Pt Molate-littered with at least a thousand discarded car betteries-NASTY! I wont even eat fish caught in the bay-Its a shame,but Ill stick to the ocean.

How are you guessing the vis?
It could be like some of the Puget Sound divesites where the vis is basically 4-5ft for the first 10 ft or so but opens up to 20+ft below about 30ft.

Tahoe is a great dive. Very much a different environment and that is why i like it so much.

I may make a trip up there after i get back from FL in July.

Andy

If you get the chance to dive Tahoe i wouldnt pass it up its very unique.

I saw more than 3 fish on my dive.

Back
Top Bottom