Richelieu Rock on day trip from Khao Lak

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rcaqua

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Dear all,

Looking to go to Khao Lak for the new year. I missed Richelieu Rock last time and would like to do it on a day trip rather than a liveaboard (wife has been on one too many...).

I know it can be quite pricey on these fast boats, but which outfit would you recommend....?

Thnaks fo ryour advice!

Best,

Rene

Hi, I was there January last year and dived with Khao Lak Scuba Adventures: Scuba Diving - PADI 5 star IDC in Similan Islands - Khao Lak Scuba Adventures . They were very professional, really enjoyed diving with them. I did a live aboard, but not sure if they have day trips to Richelieu. This is quite far, I understand if the price becomes hefty... They do have a 3 days/3 nights cruise that will probably get you more value for the money rather than a single day trip.

I did a review on diving the similans in my blog, if you're interested in finding out more. Diving the Similans | Life Sauntering

have fun, Richelieu is well worth the visit

Cheers
Joao

Hi Rene

I've dived with Similan Diving Safaris in Khao Lak and they go to Richelieu Rock on day trips I think.
Had a great time with them but was about 2 years ago.

We always put our customers through Big Blue, very reliable and haven't had any negative feedback. Richelieu Rock is scheduled on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturdays throughout the high season. If your planning your trip around new year don't leave it until you arrive to arrange anything, you could end up disappointed.

Yeah you can do Richelieu Rock easily in a day trip and it's only usually a few hundred baht difference (I'm talking 300-600 baht) from traveling to the Similan Islands. They are usually on the faster speedboats so the amount of time spent is pretty much the same as a normal day trip. Big Blue, Wet Zone and KSA are all around the same prices but they will only go on certain days this coming season so best to plan your Richelieu trip in advance so not to clash with the wife's shopping trip she may have booked with you :wink:

Agree about Big Blue. I did several day trips with them in 2012, including Richelieu Rock, and was very pleased with their service and the diving. I also enjoyed my time in Khao Lak.

http://www.bigbluedivingkhaolak.com/en/

Dear all,

Thanks for your kind input.

Looks like big blue as soon as I have booked the plane tickets and hotel...

RA

Dear all,

Thanks for your kind input.

Looks like big blue as soon as I have booked the plane tickets and hotel...

RA

you won't be disappointed. I dove with them early in 2013 and they are a good outfit. They also have the fast speedboats. Do not take other outfits who offer the slower boats. Even on the fast one's the trip is an hour each way. The slow one's are 2 1/2 hrs. Ugh.

Based on the above good reports I just booked with Big Blue in Khao Lak for Richelieu Rock for 27th November.

Efficient, painless (except for the cost) and with crystal clear communications from Eri Watanabe.

The 2-tank package cost including park fees and other items was Thb 6000 = approx €150.
At first I felt a sharp pain near my coccyx, but then I realised that it was a long boat trip ... fuel ... good reviews .... world top-10 .... *sigh*, closed my eyes and paid.

Based on the above good reports I just booked with Big Blue in Khao Lak for Richelieu Rock for 27th November.

Efficient, painless (except for the cost) and with crystal clear communications from Eri Watanabe.

The 2-tank package cost including park fees and other items was Thb 6000 = approx €150.
At first I felt a sharp pain near my coccyx, but then I realised that it was a long boat trip ... fuel ... good reviews .... world top-10 .... *sigh*, closed my eyes and paid.

--------------------------

Do they guarantee a Whale Shark or Manta Ray for that amount of money?

Back
Top Bottom