Richelieu Rock, Andaman, Thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mantarayxyz

Registered
Reaction score
is a great dive site. Liveaboards going out from Phuket or Khao Lak, Thailand cover it, but only for 1 day 2-3 dives.
I made a reservation for a nice boat 2nd week of february to go there for full 3 days, to dive it as much as possible and include also nightdiving out there.
Google a bit around to find some information about the site. I have been a few times now, and it offers a real nice mixture of macro critters and big stuff as well. Harlequin shrimp, ghost pipefish, seahorses, many species of nudis... and the chance for whaleshark and manta as well. It is intensely covered by soft corals and anemone fields.
Lots of small caves and scratches in the rock which serve as a hideway.
Looking for some enthusiasts to join in. This trip is convenient for divers with some experience, and specially interested in either marine ecology, biodiversity or underwater photography.
Boat will be on full charter, final price is then defined by the number of participants...
So- if interested, let me know and keep some days free around 8.2.2012, or eventually tell me a different time proposal.

I was at Richilieu last month and if a dive company will let you do a night dive there, stay clear from them unless you have a death wish. You are in the middle of the ocean with ripping currents and the dive is up to 80 feet deep.

Agreed, there can be conditions not allowing the nightdive.
But: I also dived there- with no current, and going max. depth of 15m.
So, if properly operated, everybody having spare torch, a zodiac stand by...
Should be restricted to quite experienced divers, also.
And finally- if you don´t feel safe doing it- don´t!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom