revolutionize diving??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

manni-yunk

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Shearwater posted on facebook that they have something new coming out soon that instead of replacing the Petrel - will revolutionalize diving.

Any ideas or rumors out there?

Hyperbole...
Unless it's one of those James Bond gizmos that fits in your pocket and let's you stay under for a couple hours.
That would be revolutionary. Anything else is really merely evolutionary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

I bet it's strap keepers for their computers' straps :wink:

Petrel on a Stick is my guess.

I don't do RBs: is a Petrel display simple enough to serve as a HUD?

I don't do RBs: is a Petrel display simple enough to serve as a HUD?

Ha you've been peeking!

I thought GPS was a good guess by my Petrel fan dive buddy...

Perhaps it's a location-only application of the Liqivision LF tech. I'd pay real money for something like that backed by SWR service.

---------- Post added October 10th, 2013 at 01:10 PM ----------

Petrel on a Stick it is: Hindl.com - Hindl.com

From what I've read & heard on the new unit it is something very similar to Oceanic's Data Mask technology that puts a Petrel into a head's up display. It is called the Near Eye Remote Display.

Last edited:
From what I've read & heard on the new unit it is something very similar to Oceanic's Data Mask technology that puts a Petrel into a head's up display. It is called the Near Eye Remote Display.

NERD

It is really quite amazing that they were able to make it work like it does. I know that they have been working on it for a long time. A beta tester has been keeping me envious with pictures and descriptions. Looks like I will be selling my other kidney now.

Back
Top Bottom