Revo micro: reaching tank knobs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hot Dog

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Have only 21 hours on Revo and ham having a real problem wet or dry reaching the knobs. I think it is due to the wing. When there is some dil in it and it expands a bit I cant seem to get at the knobs. Any suggestions (5’7”, not long arms). Thanks

I don't dive a revo but experienced the same issue on my KISS Classic, which is quite a short unit.

I an 6'4" with arms like a gibbon but they just didn't bend right somehow.

Solved it by mounting cylinders lower but not sure if that's feasible on yours

Although the rEvo case will make the valves further out from you than some other units, even an extremely short person (read as short arms) can still get to the valves. Make sure your harness is not holding the unit too high and that it is tight enough that the rEvo is not floating away from your back while in the water.

Although the rEvo case will make the valves further out from you than some other units, even an extremely short person (read as short arms) can still get to the valves. Make sure your harness is not holding the unit too high and that it is tight enough that the rEvo is not floating away from your back while in the water.

Thank you for you response. No, 18 pounds. I received some suggestions and am heading to Bonaire to get some easy diving hours to figure it out. Dove thousands of hours on my steel 100s and LP 85s in caves. Just trying something new. Again, appreciate your clarification. Thank you

The micros are short I reach for my armpits then down rather than from my hips up I used to have a mini it was definitely easier

The direction of the approach, interesting. Ill be certain to try that as well. Thank yiu.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom