Reviewer: Camera Cooler/ Rise Bucket

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scared Silly

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I posted something similar a while back on another board but thought I would post it here too.

Most of us who have a camera need a way to get it to the boat, protect it while on the boat, and finally rise it afterwards. Most live-a-boards have dedicated camera tables as do some larger boats. But for the most part few others have facilities for cameras.

Last summer I bought a soft sided cooler from: AO Coolers.

It works great for carrying my camera. Once on board I used the shoulder strap to secure to the boat. And finally at the end of the day I fill with water and use it as a rinse tank.

I throw it in to my dive bag when traveling all the time now as it folds up nicely and the foamy sides adds extra protection to my gear while in transit.

The instructor who taught my photography course has a small cooler that he puts cold packs in to keep his cameras really cool when shore diving on really hot days. It can be 90+ degrees topside and 30 degrees cooler in the water up here. The cameras don't come out of the cooler until he is ready to walk down to the water. He never had a problem with fogging.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom