Review: Turneffe Atoll though Carnival Cruise

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

osufhorn

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just got back from a 7 day Western Caribbean cruise on the Carnival Glory and was able to dive in Belize and Cozumel. The Cozumel review is in the Cozumel forum.
After reading other reviews I decided to dive with the ship in Belize. Carnival uses Hugh Parkey's Belize Dive Connection. We were picked up at the ship by their boat which was a large appx 35' cabin cruiser with room for about 25-30 people. We stopped at their base to get equipment for those renting and to stop at their gift shop. From there it was a 45min boat ride out to Turneffe Atoll where we dove. There were about 25 divers on the boat and they were split up into 3 groups each with their own divemaster. I was surprised at the number of people there who had no idea what they were doing. I had been expecting to be the newbie as I have only recently gotten serious about diving and only have 17 open water dives, most of them this year. I was the only one in my group of 8 who had been diving in the last 9 months and several people hadn't been diving in years. There were problems almost immediately. One guy in my group got in the water, paniced and didn't make the first dive. A guy in one of the other groups paniced, ended the dive early, and didn't make the 2nd dive, and another lady never even got in the water because she was too nervous (probably the smartest of the three). Once we finally got going, we dove Elkin's Bay and Chas Bo's Corner. There were pleanty of fish and the divemaster Phil was great about pointing out fish and other animals. There was pleanty of water and soda to drink as well as watermellon and chips and salsa during the surface interval.

osufhorn:
I just got back from a 7 day Western Caribbean cruise on the Carnival Glory and was able to dive in Belize and Cozumel.

My wife and I have been considering the same thing so I am pleased to see your report. Did you take your own equipment? I would prefer to take my gear and just rent the tanks, any problems with this?

Alex

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom