Review on Mono pole light mount from Z Gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Z Gear

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
We got a review from a another Scuba Board member on our mono pole light mount. Ice Chip writes:

[h=2]Re: Hi Ice Chip, did you get a chance to try out the light mount.[/h]
I did get a chance to use it and it did meet my expectations. I used it with my GoPro 3+Hero on a Sea Life Quapod extended pole. Went diving in one of the freshwater lakes here in Maine. I found that the mount attached easily (and securely) to the pole and then played around with how close up to the camera to secure it. I tried different camera positions (hanging below inverted, on top, etc). Found that the best (and most comfortable) position was with the pole extended once and the light mounted right up next to the camera. Extended pole twice worked okay, but full extension of three made it unwieldy and a strain on the wrist. All in all, the mount worked great and did what it was supposed to. Nice job with it!​

I wanted to add that we will be posting new pictures of mono pole light mount and new BCD light mount that can hold Sola, Big Blue, Itorch etc...

Thanks Ice Chip for participating in our product review.

Back
Top Bottom