Returning to diving after 15 years

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Corifto

Registered
Reaction score
I've gotten the bug again. When I was younger I was fortunate to get certified through a local dive group that was affiliated with the Boys and Girls club, and to this day Scuba is the only thing that's ever made me feel true bliss and calm. I want that feeling again.

It's been ~15 years since I've gone diving and I'm in a place where I can and want to get back into diving.

I was a Freshman in high school when I last went diving so I'm definitely way behind in tech, but I feel like it will come surging back the first time I go under.

My biggest hold ups for diving have been my weight and sinuses. Back when I was younger I used to get nosebleeds while diving but I am having sinus surgery before I go back to get a refresher.

Mostly around the Gulf Coast of Florida since that is home.

I did a few dives in the Keys around Molasses Reef and the Pennekamp Preserve, and recently snorkeled in Grand Cayman.

Welcome to ScubaBoard. I'm glad you're here and that you're considering diving again!

Once a diver, always a diver (even if you take a long break). I’ve started diving again after a longer break (much longer). So glad for it.

Welcome back! Nose-bleeds are no fun, but it sounds like you'll have that taken care of.

Welcome back to diving!
Gear hasn’t changed much, you’ll find that pretty much everything you were using 15 years ago is still about the same.
The most important thing is to have fun.
Cheers!

I've gotten the bug again. When I was younger I was fortunate to get certified through a local dive group that was affiliated with the Boys and Girls club, and to this day Scuba is the only thing that's ever made me feel true bliss and calm. I want that feeling again.

It's been ~15 years since I've gone diving and I'm in a place where I can and want to get back into diving.

I was a Freshman in high school when I last went diving so I'm definitely way behind in tech, but I feel like it will come surging back the first time I go under.

My biggest hold ups for diving have been my weight and sinuses. Back when I was younger I used to get nosebleeds while diving but I am having sinus surgery before I go back to get a refresher.

Welcome. You are not alone- I know several people who have taken a hiatus but come back. Good luck with the sinus surgery!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom