Returning Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mmacro

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Greetings from Maryland. I’m really a new diver.

Long story short? I had a long break from diving. I got licensed back in the mid ‘80s with my father and “life happened” and never dove after that.

Not long ago I was bitten by the bug and while in Vietnam did a check dive. I am a bit of a fish and adventure sport lover. My instructor said it was like I never had the break. So, I’m looking forward to asking a lot of questions and getting everyone’s input. A lot has changed in the world of diving (nitrox wasn’t even in the vernacular of recreational diving instruction back then)

Welcome, @mmacro. Glad you joined our forum.

Wow! My break from diving was only 7 years. Welcome back to diving and to SB!

Life getting in the way of recreational scuba diving has been a commonly reported problem by people coming to the forum for years. Apparently many in the general public weren't forewarned adequately about the dangers of marriage, employment and particularly procreation.

Glad another prodigal diver has returned to the fold!

Back
Top Bottom