Return to Roatan! Mar 27-Apr 3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

to_sc300

Reaction score
Hey all, first time poster, long time lurker. First, thanks to all for the wealth of information found on the forums, mucho help :lotsalove:

I'm heading back to Roatan from March 27 to April 3. Thought I'd give back to the community and post about it, before and after.

So far, I'm flying from Toronto, Ontario, Canada for $402 taxes in! This is an incredible rate from what I've seen and it is still available for those Torontonians out there (Flight Centre, etc)

I was looking for a room with a kitchenette of sorts, for two people. Note that many places had vacancy (Casa Calico is booked though). We decided on Posada Las Orquideas based on reviews for both of the "Posada" hotels (Orquideas and Iris), reviews here and elsewhere. They gave a 10% discount and are willing to give little leeway in other aspects so the deal is decent, ended up netting at $378 for 7 days, two people, kitchenette, top floor oceanview, no AC.

I'm staying open on the dive shop as my experience last time in Roatan was that many operators have one boat going to one destination so if you fancy specific destinations in a specific order, you may do better buying bottom time a la carte. Works well when traveling with someone doing their certification. That said, I still expect to spend significant time with Coconut Tree with the odd trip with West End Divers and possibly Luna beach for nostalgia sakes.

I will follow up with a posting after the trip to report on the hotel, shops, weather, flies, food, etc. If anyone is heading to Roatan during this week, send me a message, beer time at Sundowners!

Below is the research results for accommodations. The rates below do not include the weekly discount many of these places will offer.

Name * Weekly Rate * Kitchenette? * A/C?
Posada Las Orquideas * $438 * Yes * $15/d
Casa Calico * $487 * Yes * Yes
Mariposa Lodge * $343 * Yes * No
Pura Vida * $803 * No * Yes
Pinocchio * $284 * No * No
Georphi's Tropical Hideaway * $487 * Yes * Avail
Crystal Beach Cabins * $487 * No * Yes
Hidden Garden Cabins * $290 * Yes * No
Casa del Sol * $447 * Yes * $5/d * No
Roatan Bed & Breakfast * $190 * Yes * No
Sueno del Mar * $568 * ? * Yes * Yes
Roatan West End Hotel * $406 * Yes * Yes
Coconut Tree cabins * $406 * Yes * No
Posada Arco Iris * $536 * y * $15/d
Seagrape Plantation Resort * $487 * fridge
Lands End * $$$
Half moon bay cabins - no info, questionable reviews lately

Hi for a week at Guava Grove it's $200 + 16% taxes.
Queen room with kitchenette and hotwater shower, no a/c for upstairs room but a/c for downstairs room.
Other ammenities on site:
swim up pool bar and restaurant
dive rinse tank

Too bad you never found us!

Newer property.

see us at roatan-guavagrove on the web

Good to know Guava Grove! I'm not familiar with the politics of the island, but as I'm sure you are aware, there's some Roatan specific travel sites that you may want to try to get listed on. I don't remember stumbling onto your resort at all during my searches. I will try my best to drop by during my visit to keep you folks in mind for the next trip and to report back to the forums, but what I've seen on your website looks great! As long as there's cold Salva Vida, I'm sold :wink:

I will be on Roatan starting April 1. Stop by Sundowner's during happy hour and say hello. Of course it will not be easy to tell me apart from the other middle aged elbow benders.

Leadweight: Absolutely! I may be easier to recognize. Youthful looking guy, upper arm tattoo, with an attractive Russian girl on one arm (if I manage to behave all week), beer in the other hand and a smile from being in Roatan for 5 days already! Come say hi!

Does she have a friend?

That's funny, I asked her to bring along an extra friend on this trip but she saw right through that one :cool2:

Sorry mate, I'm not bring a spare with me, but we'll see if we can send her out to make friends :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom