Retired recently and got the bug again

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mcdayton

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just started back blowing bubbles again during Christmas vacation in Jamaica. I originally certified in 2006 with my son, and did 49 dives over the next 5 years until he went off to college in 2011. I thought that was it, no more diving for me. But 8 years later I got the chance to try again at the resort my wife and I were staying at. I went to my local dive shop in January to upgrade my certs to SSI Specialty Diver. After talking to the manager I tried a pool dive with a Dive Rite bp&w and by the time I finished I was hooked again. I bought the gear and signed up for an open spot for their scheduled trip to Roatan in February. Unfortunately, our plans were changed when our flight was 5 hours late taking off and we missed our connecting flight so we finally arrived 24 hours late. And the airline lost the checked luggage for 3 of us, so I spent the first 4 of 17 dives using the resorts gear instead of my own new gear. Even with the disappointing start it was a wonderful experience and I learned (or relearned) so much from just watching the other 10 divers. I was able to attain numerous goals that I never thought I could meet so quickly. I exceeded 60 minutes bottom time on two of my last three dives, made 2 night dives, and did a wreck dive at 100'.
I can't wait for my next trip to Key Largo, where I intend on completing SSI Deep Dive and navigation specialties for my AOW Cert.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom