FAQ Restricted Access Forums

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Restricted Access Forums​

ScubaBoard has a number of forums that require members to take specific actions to access them. These forums also exclude all search engine indexing used by services like Google and Bing.

Opt-in Forums (no approvals required)

The following forums can not be accessed by default but members can change their settings in Preferences.

The Pub​

Where off-topic is the topic. The Pub is a place where you can pretty much discuss topics that effect you, but aren't related to Scuba. The rules in here a more relaxed, and any topic is pretty much fair game.​

Surface Interval​

Welcome to the Surface Interval, where divers are free to chat about anything within the ToS and are free to let the conversation drift from topic to topic — much the same as chatting aboard the dive boat in between dives. While the rules here are a little more relaxed than in the regular forums, we do ask that you keep the conversations friendly, and to keep in mind that we have people from different countries, cultures and temperaments here.​

Covid & pandemic discussions​

The forum title says it all.​

Scuba Singles​

A ScubaBoard Club just for our single divers who are currently not married or dating and who are 18+.​

How to Opt-in​

Members may opt-into these forums by:

1638287816435.png
Click on your Avatar to drop this menu down and click Preferences.

Then scroll down to Opt-in Forums and click on the check-boxes for forums you want to access.

1638373089790.png

ScubaBoard Supporter's Forum​

ScubaBoardSupporternSponsorBadge.png
The Member Support Forum is automatically available to ScubaBoard Supporters and Sponsors.

Forums that require Staff confirmation/approval​

ScubaBoard maintains PRIVATE forums that are restricted to various industry professionals for discussing shared interests.

1638294148025.png
Members can apply by clicking "Report" at the bottom of this post (see below for details).

Enter the required information listed below for the forum you want to access.
  1. The easiest way is to select & copy the information
  2. Paste it into the "Report content" box
  3. Edit each field
  4. Click the Report button.
This information is only used for verification and is not shared with anyone.

1638934919645.png

Business to Business Forum​

This is a PRIVATE forum where recreational diving industry professionals discuss their work. Dive retail, OEMs, sales reps, travel agents, hotels/resorts, liveaboards, day boats, and related services are welcome to apply.​

Required Information:
Click Report at the bottom of this post and enter the following information:
  • Business Group
  • Name:
  • Business/organization name:

Captain to Captain Forum​

This is a PRIVATE forum where licensed Captains discuss their work.​
  • Captain Group
  • Name: (as it appears on the license)
  • Issuing Authority and Country:
  • Tonnage/Class: (if applicable)
  • Date issued:
  • Expiration date:

Instructor to Instructor Forum​

This is a PRIVATE forum where certified Divemasters and Instructors discuss their work. Certified PADI Divemasters and instructors will also be given access to the PADI Pros forum.
  • Divemaster or Instructor Group (specify which)
  • Name: (as it appears on your certification)
  • Issuing agency:
  • Highest pro certification:
  • Member or certification number:
  • Date issued:
  • Expiration date: (if any)
  • Date of Birth: (if your agency requires it for verification)

Approval Process​

ScubaBoard Staff will review and your verify your application. You will receive a Direct Message informing you of approval, asking for more information, or that the application does not qualify.

Please be patient! We receive a high volume of requests and our volunteers must manually process every application to verify their information and insure only credentialled members gain access.

A Friendly Reminder...

These forums are for professionals to discuss serious matters that impact their work. You are expected to act accordingly or your access may be revoked.

Use Report to correct broken links, typos, or make suggestions.

Does the Scuba Singles subforum still exist? I haven't seen it in years, so was surprised to see it listed above. I opted in and am still not seeing it listed anywhere.

Wish to join the group for some tips

The instructions are above to join any of these groups that you are qualified for.

Does the Scuba Singles subforum still exist? I haven't seen it in years, so was surprised to see it listed above. I opted in and am still not seeing it listed anywhere.

1641223673772.png

Look right above the Dive Travel forum category. Restricted access forums are visible to every member. You have to opt-in to see the threads.

The simplest way to find a forum is to use your Internet browser's find function.

Look at the top of this thread on using Find.

The instructions are above to join any of these groups that you are qualified for.

View attachment 698709
Look right above the Dive Travel forum category. Restricted access forums are visible to every member. You have to opt-in to see the threads.

The simplest way to find a forum is to use your Internet browser's find function.

Look at the top of this thread on using Find.

Thanks, I skimmed the forums, and breezed right by non-geographic clubs.

hello, i cant pm to the mod squad. may i have pm please? i have a question about sb forums.
thanks

I'm requesting access to this group. PADI #270537
This is the FAQ thread. Not the join a group thread. Without following the FAQ, I have no idea where to bring you in, so please follow the instructions provided.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom