Restaurants in Coz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gt2003

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
My wife, two kids and I are going to Coz May24-28. We'll be staying at Casa Del Mar which is all inclusive for our group. But, after our 1st stay there we're looking for some other casual dining places to try. I've heard of some pizza place that is supposed to be pretty good but haven't gotten a name. Please give me some input on casual restaurants with pretty good food that won't break the bank. Thanks, gt2003

My personal favorite for casual, inexpensive food is Casa Dennis.

dnhill

gt2003:
I've heard of some pizza place that is supposed to be pretty good but haven't gotten a name.

I dunno if you're talking about Guido's or not but it's by far my favorite restaraunt on Coz. Last trip we went there 3 times... never tried the Pizza though (which I hear is good).

I usually order off of the specials menu, the seafood is amazing! as are the appetizers.

The restaraunt is North of the square on the waterfront up by the museum & Los Cinco Soles.

dnhill:
My personal favorite for casual, inexpensive food is Casa Dennis.
dnhill

I'd have to say that Casa Dennis would be my second favorite restaraunt, usually going there for lunch. It's also great people watching as it's right in the thick of the action by the square.

Don't eat too much at the resort, there are way too many places to explore!

Can't wait, will be there in a little over a month!

Wife, daughter and I just got back last week. Here's a couple of links to some of the restaraunts in Coz:

http://www.cozumel-vacation-rental-homes.com/Pages/Restaurants.htm
http://www.mxtravel.com/cozumel/cozumel_restaurants.html

For breakfast, we went to Cofelia's a couple of times. Good food, reasonable price. El Foco is great for excellent soup and tacos, fairly cheap. Los Moros del Morito was really good, almost more than we could eat for lunch. El Turix is also really good food. A little out of the way and next door to a fancy new restaurant, but it's a great little family run place near the Corpus Christi Cathedral.

Those are a few of the places we hit this trip. First time I visited El Foco was ten years ago and I'm sure I had the same waiter. It's been there for twenty-five years.

What "fancy new resteraunt" is El Turix next to?

Thanks,

DocVikingo

DocVikingo:
What "fancy new resteraunt" is El Turix next to?

Thanks,

DocVikingo

Oops, my bad. It's La Cocay and for some reason I keep thinking of it as a newer restaurant than it is. It's actually been there since '95. Haven't eaten there yet for a couple of reasons, but I hear the food is good.

El Turix is next to La Cocay ... unless something happened to La Cocay and it's changed names/hands since I was there in December ....

Yes, La Cocay is just a few store fronts up and has been there since at least '95.

BTW, LaCocay's lease wasn't renewed last month & it is moving to a place on 8 St. North between Ave 10 & 15 that apparently needs some serious remodeling. Obviously they're going to be closed for a bit.

Stay tuned.

DocVikingo

gt2003
I will be at Casa Del Mar May 23-30. Look for the 6'10" diver(he is hard to miss). I will be hanging out with him.

Back
Top Bottom