Resort rebreather trial

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CAMPER

Reaction score
On my recent visits to carribean dive resorts I have been very tempted to try out rebreathers. I have read many of the post here and am a little bit worried about the safety factor in these trials. Any non-technical input would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ed B

Camper,
My only rental experience was renting a Drager Dolphin from DiveTech on Grand Cayman. I would highly recommend them. I have been diving the Drager Dolphin for 2 years and was very impressed with their instructors and facility. They have an intro course and full cert SCR course.
I was going to rent a rebreather from Sunset House, but they were having a bad week. They couldn't get their act together. Hopefully, it was a fluke as I have stayed there and dove open circuit through them in the past and was satisfied.

Interesting I am going to be diving with Dive Tech next weekend. I really have a very rudimentry knowledge of rebreather function and am concerned that a simple intro course may put me at risk. I'm not certain the full cert. is were I want to be spending my time on vacation.

Ed B

Hi Ed,

When you get to Dive Tech, say hello the a friend of mine Nat Rob. Lucky ^$#%&$$@!*&* just took a job there. By the way, he is a good instructor and all round nice guy.

Back
Top Bottom