Resort in Cancun but want to dive. Pay for Cancun or shlep our stuff to Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I live in Cozumel for 6 months of the year. It would make for a long day...you would need to catch the first ferry over, meaning you would have to be up and on your way to Playa del Carmen. I would not go to Coz with a Cancun operator. They don't know the island like a local DM would. And while I have done back and forth in small boats it can be sketchy. Your profile says you have less than 25 dives. You will probably be just as happy diving in Cancun area and save a your money for a trip based in Cozumel. To dive the denotes, you need good buoyancy control.

I did 2 good dives from Cancun altho 1 was the wreck dive. But it had lot of sealife around it. It was winter, so lots of eagle rays. The reef near the wreck (No Name Reef, i think) was a great site: juvenile bull shark,eagle rays, turtle, eels, a grouper and tons of reef fish, all in 1 dive drifting over the reef. Not the interesting structures as Coz, but im mainly interested in sea life.

I would be satisfied with these dives as my one day of diving, but i know others are not

The OP's profile says 0-24 dives. I'm not sure if cenotes are a good place for a relatively inexperienced diver. Don't most of the cenote dives include enclosed, cave like portions?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom