Researchers interested in lakes?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ginti

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey all, I am interested in setting up a local project for my personal learning. I want to start simple.

Close to me (Munich , Germany) there is a little artificial lake with an especially rich biodiversity, and I bet it could be very interesting for research purposes:
(1) Biodiversity -> amazing biology research possibilities. Maybe some species are adapting already to the environment?
(2) Ecology -> to monitor water quality
(3) Geology -> maybe?

Do you know any researcher potentially interested in studying such an environment? European scientist would be the best for obvious reasons (especially German), but I am open to anything.

Looking forward to hearing from you guys!

Imagine doing your lake for hours and hours on an O2 rebreather

Get in touch with Achim Schlöffel

Imagine doing your lake for hours and hours on an O2 rebreather
That's the plan, although not with O2 (m average depth, 14max)

Can you imagine how cool? Experience, fun, helping research, and no gravity!

Many thanks, I'll consider Achim, but as far as I know, he is not a researcher, correct?

Well Achim would have access to most everyone, so you start there and he's in München so take him out for lunch

and there's also this

But do lots, and lots of homework first, where Franchesco the grocer in Italy you would see, for some other things

Great, thanks a lot :)

In case anyone else has other ideas, please let me know as I like to have many options whenever it is possible

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom