Rescue Course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

YYCLuke

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey all.

I'm looking for recommendations for a rescue dive course somewhere in the Philippines. I've dove lots in the Philippines, but when it comes to this course in particular I wanted to be a little pickier.
I have 40 logged dives, most of them in the Philippines (Coron, Malapascua, Moalboal, Camiguin, Bohol) so I'm familiar with the safety standards in the country.
What I'm looking for is of course, a very professional shop, where safety is paramount (I'm a construction safety advisor), as well as it being fun.
Where would you guys recommend? I can go pretty much wherever in the country, I will take cost into consideration, but at the end of the day I'm looking for quality instruction so I can be slightly flexible on my budget.

Thanks in advance!

From experience I strongly recommend you make an inquiry with Rick at Frontier Scuba.

Rick is still teaching recreation and Tec. For now he's working out of Alona. If you're not wed to the p.g. area you can still avail yourself, as they say in the Philippines. He is still reachable at the email address appearing on the frontier scuba home page.

I see. I'm going to be at Puerto Galera in October - been looking at Frontier Scuba as a potential destination to do rescue and possibly solo + sidemount. Any idea on how do they rate after Rick's departure?

From experience I strongly recommend you make an inquiry with Rick at Frontier Scuba.
Thanks! I'll definitely contact him. And I've dove in Alona before, it's a nice area with some good diving.. I'm sure it's better in PG but Bohol is great as well.
Thanks for the recommendation!

Rick is still teaching recreation and Tec. For now he's working out of Alona. If you're not wed to the p.g. area you can still avail yourself, as they say in the Philippines. He is still reachable at the email address appearing on the frontier scuba home page.
So would that be the frontier scuba at Gmail email? Or does he have another one he would answer?

I did DM training with Evolution on Malapascus and Liquid Dumaguette and helped with a few rescue courses. Both really good dive centres that are well run, will challenge you, and have great diving. But be prepared to miss out on the pretty stuff with your rescue course. It's mostly a tough course with little time for underwater sightseeing, so treat yourself with fun dives before or after the course. Have fun.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom