Rescue Cert, is it truly a must have cert, or not?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gandalf-the-Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Thoughts on Rescue; must have cert or not? I have chosen to go a different route. I have no desire to go for MSD, as it seems like any 5 certs can get it for you, althpough, one of them must be Rescue. Not planning on going the DM route, as Rescue is also a pre req. I see, deep, AN/DP, extended range, wreck and advanced wreck with penetration, in my progression. Currently PADI AOW & SDI Solo. I will be 61 this year, taking up scuba just before my 59th b-day. I dive a lot. I just have no desire to take the Rescue course.

Thoughts on Rescue; must have cert or not? I have chosen to go a different route. I have no desire to go for MSD, as it seems like any 5 certs can get it for you, althpough, one of them must be Rescue. Not planning on going the DM route, as Rescue is also a pre req. I see, deep, AN/DP, extended range, wreck and advanced wreck with penetration, in my progression. Currently PADI AOW & SDI Solo. I will be 61 this year, taking up scuba just before my 59th b-day. I dive a lot. I just have no desire to take the Rescue course.
PADI's MSD requires 5 specialities + Rescue.
Rescue is NOT a must have cert.
I have done it yrs ago but never have a chance to practice it and have NO wish for that!

I'm diving, 2-4 times a week. Rapidly approaching my 300th dive. Virtually all shore diving, south end of Vancouver Island.
You are indeed fortunate then to have easy access. For a really fun dive head up to Courtenay and dive with the sea lions around Hornby Island.

Back
Top Bottom