Request for potential new WAI tech and CCR support

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tbone1004

Mr Speed Nuts
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Greenville, South Carolina, United States
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
having just received a new Perdix AI and having gone through quite a bit of hemming and hawing prior to buying it, I have a request.

I bought the Perdix AI because I needed a new computer after my dive trailer was stolen last November. It was the most logical upgrade because my Meg has a hardwired Predator so there was no point in getting a Petrel 2 EXT as I'm eyeing a new CCR with DiveCAN and hate fischer cables, and the Petrel 2 didn't have AI. I needed to buy a bunch of SPG's and the cost of an SPG/HP hose vs. the cost of the transmitters was close enough that I figured it would be nice to have.
Have already put about 40 dives on it since I was teaching and am incredibly happy with it. I use the same first stages for doubles and my CCR rack *LP50's without manifold*, and I will say it was a bit annoying that my two sensors were 12psi off. It is WELL within the margin of error an accepted accuracy was just one of those niggles. I turned the second sensor off. That said, it was fantastic for teaching not having to grab my SPG, and on the CCR rack it is superb since they aren't manifolded and the CCR has enough going on that I am happy to not have to go digging on the d-ring for the SPG's.

Now, the request. What is a huge bummer for me is that the DiveCAN units don't have a way to really use their computers with OC diving since they are either hardwired or they have long cables on them. Not a huge problem, but if you want some sort of secondary monitor, etc. it's unfortunate that you can't move the computers around or easily use them on OC. I think it would be super slick if there was a DiveCAN module, or even one that can connect to older CCR's and push ppO2 information to the Perdix. No idea on reliability of such a module or what the battery life would be, but it would be phenomenal if the same technology could be used to push that data to the Perdix so you have one "primary" computer that's with you on all of your dives, and one then the ones attached to the rebreathers.

Pipe dream, but will be curious to see if anyone else has any similar ideas to better integrate their Perdix with their CCR's instead of using in standalone mode

@tbone1004 , thank you for the request. We can't promise much, but it is certainly a cool idea. We'll circulate the idea around here and, maybe something germinates. Cheers

won't expect anything from it, but then again, Bruce said WAI was specifically not being looked at and 2 years later, here we are. Glad you guys at least listen!

I drooled a little on my keyboard. That's a great idea.

Now that I own 2 perdix AIs it would be fitting that I would need to get new ones. I just have to figure out how to explain to my wife I will need to trade them in a year or so:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Now that I own 2 perdix AIs it would be fitting that I would need to get new ones. I just have to figure out how to explain to my wife I will need to trade them in a year or so:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

goal is to use the same technology that the existing transmitters use since it's proven

No need to explain unless she is reading this thread. Otherwise, it's just "this old thing? I bought it years ago ..."

No need to explain unless she is reading this thread. Otherwise, it's just "this old thing? I bought it years ago ..."
When it comes to all my other gear she doesn't keep track of what i have, but computers kinda stand out. the only good thing is I'm an instructor with a shop that 'loves me'.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom