Reported Thailand Crossing a Nightmare

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BigBlueTech

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hi Guys

We've been hearing reports from customers of the absolute nightmare travelling from coast to coast via Surrathani and Krabi.

It appears there's quite a popular scam of "No Night Boat, Stay Here 1 Night" only to later find out there was a nightboat and were subjected to expensive rooms that were not worth the money. Basically the not used resorts that are empty.

In on example a customer was told no night boat to koh tao but found someone who had a ticket for the boat to Samui. She kicked up a fuss and was given the ticket to Koh Tao.

I'm sure everyone knows about this, anyone know a sure fire way to avoid this to recommend to people?

Last night on Thai News (TV) there was a short bulletin about the bad weather on the East Coast (Prachuap Khiri Khan all the way to Narathiwat) and it mentioned about ferry cancellations and delays.
There may be some misunderstandings by taxi and minibus drivers about which boats leave and which not.

Um the Gulf of Thailand has had marine warnings including Oil platforms for the last ten days and pretty narly seas.

Only last week a night boat had a few issues and had to turn round.In previous years I have dived on a few...

Just look at the horizon its pretty horrible,most sensible night boats are running sporadically with decision to go being made at the last moment.

Im sure in some cases the confusion stems from mis communication or only being agents for one of the several boats that ply this route.

Recommendation I would give would be simple get to samui stay the night then take a day boat over to Tao.

If someone wants to save money on one nights accommodation and take the night boat there decision and there risk i guess.

I should clarify.

Companies are in full knowledge there IS a night boat.. but telling customers there are NO night boats. Forcing the customers to stay in THEIR little dirty rooms.

The problem is, with 15 days on their visa, one more day in surrathani or krabi can mean a lot.

I should clarify.

Companies are in full knowledge there IS a night boat.. but telling customers there are NO night boats. Forcing the customers to stay in THEIR little dirty rooms.

The problem is, with 15 days on their visa, one more day in surrathani or krabi can mean a lot.

if it means less people on this little island,i'm all for it, keep on scamming, lads!

especially if they're the night boat, fisherman pants kee neow types.

not that I'm a snob or anything.........

J

Back
Top Bottom