Report from Sipadan and Seaventures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In '09 I dived Sipadan and Lembeh in 1 holiday trip.
It took about 3 months for me to come back to reality!

You'll llke SeaVentures. Mando is a great divemaster/guide.

To the OP, I was at Seaventures about 3 weeks before you! Unlike you though, my group only managed 2 days at Sipadan (we stayed for 5 days overall) as it was really quite busy. On the plus side, the visibility was amazing in Sipadan, Mabul and under the rig throughout my stay. :wink:

I'm suprised you got so many days diving at Sipidan. I'd heard that they limit the number of divers per resort per day there now. Did you just get lucky with the rig being empty or know you would get so many days diving at Sipidan to start with?

The problem with staying on Mabul is that the view is ruined by some really big ugly old oil rig just offshore...

:idk:

haha ... exactly. The view from the rig is unspoilt! I was there a few years ago and loved it.

To the OP, I was at Seaventures about 3 weeks before you! Unlike you though, my group only managed 2 days at Sipadan (we stayed for 5 days overall) as it was really quite busy. On the plus side, the visibility was amazing in Sipadan, Mabul and under the rig throughout my stay. :wink:

I'm suprised you got so many days diving at Sipidan. I'd heard that they limit the number of divers per resort per day there now. Did you just get lucky with the rig being empty or know you would get so many days diving at Sipidan to start with?

When we were there it was very quiet most days. There was one large group (9 people) for a couple of days and even then we were able to go. If the rooms were filled up, or even half full, we would not have had the opportunity to go to Sipidan as often as we did.
We were not promised every day. Before we got there, they gave us the same caveat that they would get us to Sipadan at least once during our stay, probably twice. Going so many days was the luck of the draw for us.

YMMV .. Please do not expect to go anywhere on Mabul or Sempora and expect to go to Sipadan each day. Our experience was not typical. We went early October, so maybe that's a good time to go. When we arrived at Sipadan the tables where the groups take their SI were eventually filled up, so it's not like the island itself was empty.. it was packed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom