Replacing hoses...anything new?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jd950

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
A while back I dumped all my braided hoses for reasons known to all of us by now and re-installed good old fashioned rubber. I have some hoses that are old enough that I want to replace them just to be cautious.

I am inclined to get new rubber hoses but wanted to check and see if there is anything new on the braided front I should consider. Something that won't shed little bits of stuff and clog the reg, potentially causing an unpleasant moment or two during a dive.

Thanks for any help.

It's my understanding that the newer braided hoses don't have issues. Hope so. I have two of them on my rig.

If you are going that route, stick with Miflex branded hoses and you can't go wrong. Their supplier has certified the content of the hose lining for several years now, although out of an abundance of caution I think they also say after 5 years you should consider changing the hoses. If you ask for a manufacturer recommendation on rubber hoses, you may get something similar. The specific type of hose lining material is what was causing the known degradation issues.

it's rubber hoses all the way with me and open circuit

Just not the rubbish hoses with these fittings

full.jpg

falling off a cliff is always bad, teething issues with some braided hoses popping up over a couple of decades
means nothing

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom