Replacement diaphragm cover for S-80 second stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BluEye Diver

Registered
Reaction score
I originally contacted TUSA via their website contact, but they only instructed me to contact an authorized dealer. That led to a dead end, because the model in question is not available in my country of residence (Taiwan).

Trying to get help from the online retailer, scuba.com, has resulted in little because they are terrible in answering mail (unless it is related to payments).

Background
I purchased the TUSA RS-680 regulator set a few months ago (from scuba.com) for a subsequent diving internship. During that diving period, I quickly learned that the S-80 (second stage) has a design flaw in which the bottom cover is easy to pop off if the unit knocks against something, such as a tank, sea floor, boat bench, etc.

The piece eventually came off during a shore entry, and by the time I noticed it was off again, it was too late to recover.

The Present
To clarify, I am referring to the black plastic cover that snaps into a couple of small grooves on the bottom of the S-80. I now know that the S-80 requires an extra plastic tie to keep that part secure. But, where can I secure a replacement part?

My regulator doesn't require service or maintenance. I just need a new plastic cover.

For anyone in a similar situation now or in the future, Leisure Pro was extremely helpful and effective in securing the part for me. Conversely, Scuba.com, from where I purchased the Tusa regulator, was inept and couldn't be bothered.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom