Replaced my wrist seals and installed a pee valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

formernuke

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Since I can't get to my dive sites I figured a good time to do some improvements to my drysuit.

I replaced the glued on seals with the SI-Tech ovals and installed a light monkey tinkle valve.

Special thanks to @Dive Right In Scuba, I called them several time during the installation and they were very helpful and did not mind taking the extra time to help me out.

I used the dry adhesive drysuit tape they sell, that stuff is cheating. Clean the rings, remove one side of paper from the tape, clean it, place a small section on the rings heat so it sticks, run the rest of tape on and heat the entire thing, make sure it contacts the entire ring (easier than it sounds).

Let it sit while you trim (if needed) the suit for the ring and clean the suit, then remove the paper from the other side clean it, put the suit on the rings since it doesn't instantly stick you can move it around and get it properly lined up, once lined up heat the suit and roll over it with a roller thing very hard.

The only issue I had one because I had to trim the suit and the arm seam at the ring had a slight leak, I reheated and rerolled but still a slight leak so I put a layer of aquaseal around the entire thing, no more leaks.

The tinkle valve, mark location cut hole in suit (the OMG I have a pair of scissors and my drysuit was the hardest part here). I used a silicone adhesive DRIS recommend. Clean suit and tinkle valve squeze a small amount of the silicone around the tinkle valve, place through suit and screw down, no leaks right off the bat.

P.S
Empty coke cans work well to seal wrist seals, a empty drywall mud container works well for the neck

Congrats!! Hope you get to try things out soon!!

DW

What did you use to heat your glue?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom