Repatriation: moving back to Seattle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

charlier

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
After many years living in Singapore and working in Indonesia, Thailand, and Malaysia, we will be relocating back to lovely Seattle a week or so before Christmas. We will split our time, between the Pacific NW and Indonesia. I will miss the easy access to the warm, current-rich waters of Indonesia. I have not used a 7mm wetsuit or drysuit since the mid-1980s in California - so I totally spoiled. I have no idea if I will teach diving in Seattle. One positive note, we will be relatively close to southern Baja California and southern California dive sites and will be able to ski during the winter.

I am in denial about diving dry, purchasing cylinders, and poor viz. I am excited about exploring new dive sites and perhaps visiting diving friends in British Columbia.

After many years living in Singapore and working in Indonesia, Thailand, and Malaysia, we will be relocating back to lovely Seattle a week or so before Christmas. We will split our time, between the Pacific NW and Indonesia. I will miss the easy access to the warm, current-rich waters of Indonesia. I have not used a 7mm wetsuit or drysuit since the mid-1980s in California - so I totally spoiled. I have no idea if I will teach diving in Seattle. One positive note, we will be relatively close to southern Baja California and southern California dive sites and will be able to ski during the winter.
Welcome back to the PNW

Put God's Pocket Home on your must dive list.

The photographs @God’s Pocket are outstanding. It’s not a long drive for us and we have good friends nearby. I will purchase a used dry suit and work on my buoyancy and trim. After I understand what I like and do not like, I will probably order a custom dry suit. I am not sure about my wfe’s desire to dive dry, although she would love to visit and dive at In B.C..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom