Renting an Emergency O2 Kit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CosbySweater

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Is anyone aware of a shop in Curacao that would rent a basic emergency O2 kit for independent divers?

I'm planning another trip down to Curacao and risk mitigation is always first on the planning list. I've done a trip to Curacao before (last March) but this time around we want to dive some of the lesser known sites, without introducing too much additional risk. We have a travel first aid kit that we bring on trips but the logistics of flying with an O2 kit make it prohibitive. Has anyone rented a kit down in Curacao? If not, how do you ensure you have O2 close by? The same questions are relevant to independent diving in Bonaire.

Note: Myself and everyone in my group are O2 provider certified.

Is anyone aware of a shop in Curacao that would rent a basic emergency O2 kit for independent divers?

I'm planning another trip down to Curacao and risk mitigation is always first on the planning list. I've done a trip to Curacao before (last March) but this time around we want to dive some of the lesser known sites, without introducing too much additional risk. We have a travel first aid kit that we bring on trips but the logistics of flying with an O2 kit make it prohibitive. Has anyone rented a kit down in Curacao? If not, how do you ensure you have O2 close by? The same questions are relevant to independent diving in Bonaire.

Note: Myself and everyone in my group are O2 provider certified.
As you already know, most all of the shore dive sites have enough of a swimout, that having an O2 kit on-shore is of questionable advantage. If you're boat diving, an O2 kit is pretty much standard equipment.

From your profile, you don't appear to be a Tec diver, but there are a number of sources on-island that cater to those folks and you might be able to rent a tank and an O2 clean regulator from them

As you already know, most all of the shore dive sites have enough of a swimout, that having an O2 kit on-shore is of questionable advantage. If you're boat diving, an O2 kit is pretty much standard equipment.

From your profile, you don't appear to be a Tec diver, but there are a number of sources on-island that cater to those folks and you might be able to rent a tank and an O2 clean regulator from them

I wont debate the value of EO2 for shore diving in Curacao on here, there are a lot of variables that go in to that equation, but it's my opinion that it's better to have it available than to not have it available, especially if it can be had for a reasonable price and effort. My question is whether or not it can be had for a reasonable price and effort.

I like the idea of renting an O2 tank and O2 clean regulator from a tec shop. I hadn't considered that option.

Back
Top Bottom