Rental Dive Gear Condition

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pitri

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a very hard decision to make.
I'm planning a dive trip to the Visayas (CEBU,BOHOL,NEGROS) and I don't know if to bring my dive equipment along.
I think that we will do around 20 dives.
I usually don't think twice about bringing my own gear, but this time it's a bit different.
I have to consider several things :
1- Price-Each dive is around 23$ and rental per dive is 5$. In quick calculation I'm saving only around 100$.
2 -Travelling- Since we are moving between 3 islands, travelling with a big suitecase might be a burden

So, if you can tell me if i'm right with the dive price, how is the local equipment condition and if the travelling is rough or easy between the islands.
And, of course, your personal thoughts regarding if I should bring my own gear or not.

that is pretty tough question to answer as rental gear condition is probably very very varied. but from observation, the more expensive and exotic the resort is the better chance that their rental gear is in excellent condition.

that is correct $5 is the amount you will pay extra for a dive with full set of gear.

If I were you I would bring my own gear so I wouldn't have to spoil any dive because of equipment failure or malfunctioning equipment. just bring the basics, a mask, full foot fins, shorties if you have one, regulator and a BC. $100 aint much but its another 4 dives with change for a case of san miguel beers!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom