Removing PT-010 Rear Panel O-rings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I finally got around to removing all the plungers on the back panel of the older of my two PT-010 housings. I did not have replacement O-rings so I cleaned and greased the old ones as well as cleaned all the other parts and the shafts on the housing.

I photographed the procedure and posted it on my PT-010 site for those that are interested.

A method of keeping these tiny O-rings lubricated without taking the assembly's apart was posted in a discussion on DigitalDiver. I haven't tried it so I can't vouch for it. It involved using pure liquid silicone. Dip a toothpick or small screwdriver in the silicone and place a drop or two on the plunger shafts from the exterior of the housing. Work the plungers until you feel the silicone has reached the O-ring.
If I was to try it in the future I would likely use the pump spray like the one marketed by Trident.

Yet another invaluable lesson from Gilligan. Thanks so much for posting the easy to follow instructions with photos. The Ziploc bag technique is pretty clever, I have to admit.

Thanks Jim for an excellent tutorial. I think I'll try the drop of silicone method first to see if I can tell the difference.

28.gif

Thank you both. Mr. Gadget is always busy at work. The benefits of being retired.

I think you have a new carrer as a .gif developer! I love your Mr. Gadget!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom