removable tank racks??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paul3636

New
Reaction score
i have a 23 ft WA hydrasport, I fish and dive, looking for tank racks that can be removed or covered with bolsters. I fish more than dive. anyone have any suggestions??
paul

Do the roll control type hold the tanks securely while underway in rough conditions and running at speed--as in going airborne--or will the tanks fall out? N

I use a pelican 6 tank rack it happens to fit perfectly under one of my under seat compartments (with the seat removed of course) and when not in the boat, it holds all my tanks in the garage.

Nemrod:
Do the roll control type hold the tanks securely while underway in rough conditions and running at speed--as in going airborne--or will the tanks fall out? N
The racks that face to the side are fine. The one's that face forward will occasionally
let a tank come out. Usually it's a tank with a backplate on it, and so somewhat
unbalanced to start with. It's not a big problem, the tank does a kinda slow roll on to
the deck. If it's going to be snotty, I use bungies and that keeps them in place. But
I've since figured out that I really don't want to go offshore when it's snotty. Haven't
needed the bungies in a couple of years. ;-)

I use the foldown Roll Control holders, folded down they arent noticable, the back cushion sits right on top

Do a search of scubaboard on tank rack. When I was looking I found a lot of info in past threads.

I settled on a tankcaddy. With the RIB roll controls don't work well. Also, I can strap the tankcaddy down in my van for transport to the dive site.

www.tankcaddy.com they have great customer service. I was able to customize the design a little.

Hi guys!!

Just thought I'd pipe in.

I did the research & decided on these. They should arrive any day, I'll have to let you know how they work out.

http://www.scubastorage.com/

I just recieved my Tank Caddy and it is made very well. I had the do some custom work on it to make it into a seat when I'm not diveing. I just have to add the marine board and it will take a standard 128 igloo coller cushion. I'll post pics when completed. I will also have to let Tank Caddy know of these modifications. They also come with a lifetime warranty on the frame and a year on the straps. But I don't think I will end up using it since they are made so well,JMHO

Back
Top Bottom